Coast Auto Insurance, Inc
YOUR PRIVACY is important to the Coast Auto Insurance, Inc. We have always made it a priority to protect your nonpublic personal information.
This notice, which we are providing to you as required by federal and applicable state law, describes our policies for collecting, protecting, and disclosing nonpublic personal information. In general, we restrict access to such information to those who need to know it to do their jobs and to provide superior service to our customers, and as required or permitted by law. We maintain strict physical and electronic safeguards to protect such information from unauthorized use or disclosure.
Our privacy principles are as follows:
- We do not sell information about our customers.
- We do not permit the use of our customers' nonpublic personal information for use in marketing by any companies outside the Coast Auto Insurance, Inc.
- We limit access to nonpublic personal information obtained in the underwriting and claim adjustment processes to those persons who need to know it to perform their jobs and to provide superior service to our customers, and as required or permitted by law.
- We protect nonpublic personal information of our former customers in the same way as for our current customers.
WE COLLECT and use information that we believe is necessary to serve our customers effectively and to permit us to meet their insurance needs. This information enables us to underwrite policies, process claims, ensure proper billing, and service accounts. The nonpublic personal information that we collect includes:
- Information we receive from our customers on applications, other forms, and through correspondence and communications with us through the mail, by telephone, and over the Internet, such as name, address, and telephone number;
- Information about our customers' transactions with us, such as payment history, policy underwriting, and claim adjustment;
- Information from customer lists provided by other organizations and marketing data providers;
- Information from governmental agencies and insurance support organizations, such as vehicle title information, excise tax information, car loan information, vehicle data, driving record, and claim history; and
- Information relating to insurance claims.
WE DISCLOSE information that we collect only as required or permitted by law to industry regulators, law enforcement agencies, anti-fraud organizations, and third parties who assist us in processing the transactions authorized by our customers and in providing services to our customers as listed below. The parties to whom we may disclose information include:
- Insurance agents appointed by us and insurance brokers;
- Third parties who need to know that information to perform services for us, such as claim investigators, appraisers, and collection agencies;
- Insurance regulatory authorities;
- Law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities;
- Insurance industry organizations in order to prevent or prosecute fraud or criminal activity or for underwriting purposes;
- Persons or organizations conducting actuarial or research studies utilizing aggregate data without personal identifiers;
- Attorneys or other authorized persons in connection with matters in litigation, as required by subpoenas and court rules and orders; and
- Our attorneys, accountants, and auditors.
WE UNDERSTAND that you may have additional concerns about the privacy and security of information that is collected through our web site. We are committed to protecting the online privacy of visitors to our web site.
We do not collect any nonpublic personal information in connection with the use of this web site by policyholders and members of the general public. We do, however, collect customer data from its independent agents who may use this web site to access our Agent Web interface. Agent Web allows independent agents to make changes to policies, make payments, and inquire about the status of customer accounts.
You do have control over cookies. Most browsers can be set to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. Most browsers can also be set to refuse to accept cookies, although this may affect your Internet experience. You can also erase cookies that are already on your computer. For more information about working with cookies, you should consult your user manual, FAQ, or "help" function of your specific browser and operating system software.
If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personal information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference.
Security of the Information We Collect
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure your personal information. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet, and there is always some risk in transmitting information electronically. The personal information we collect is stored within databases that we control. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect your information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.